Saturday, March 8, 2014

Frozen Theme Birthday Party

So I was asked to do a Frozen Theme birthday. It came out so cute. Was a little nervous since I never made sugar candy but it was quite easy. 
I thought since I was nervous to make the ice candy just to use this and melt it. Yeah bad idea it started smoking and came out greenish in color. 
So I mixed sugar, light corn syrup and water and waited for the sugar to dissolve and then bring to a boil will the temp reached 300-310. Found a candy thermater for less then $6 at Safeway. 
Almost at 310. 
Here's how it looked once it got hard and I smashed it up. I used a metal spoon to crake it. 
There's the final product. She found the Frozen toys like a hour away from her house. These are all sold out everywhere. Guess Frozen is a popular movie. 
Happy birthday!!! (The kids couldn't keep they hands off the sugar ice) 

No comments:

Post a Comment