Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Minnie Mouse Cake

I did a Minnie Mouse Cake for my friends 2 year old niece. Let just say this one didn't come out like I wanted it too. 
I'm still learning what works and doesn't work so it's a learning experience. 
This is how the cake looked but the fondant on the bottom started to cave in. The fondant was very soft so I won't use that brand (I won't name the brand). The brand I prefer is Wilton's. They (to me) have the best stuff. I will try other brands to give them a chance though. 

Here what it came out looking like in the end. I did realize that I needed to add dowels or pearl tea straws(saw this idea on YouTube) into each layer so the cake doesn't cave in. I could of also added  round board under each cake to make it even more stable. 
The poor bottom of the cake caved in so I had to remove it so it was only 3 tiers. 
I got a text a few hours later saying the cake tipped over. Dang!!! I wanted to cry. This is my friends sister. It was her daughter's birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment